Sunset Beach is a picturesque town in Brunswick County with a population of just under 4,000 people. The locale is split between the mainland and a three-mile-long barrier island.
Fittingly for a seaside town, it’s a place where people value a slower pace of life, but its location gives people easy access to urban thrills.
To know more about this town, take a look at our neighborhood guide.
SUNSET BEACH REAL ESTATE
2,100 square feet
3 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms
- Great for all walks of life — Sunset Beach’s balmy weather makes it an ideal place to retire in (the median age of residents is 65). That said, the town’s quiet atmosphere makes it the ideal place to raise a family, too. Whatever life stage you may be in, this town has something for you.
- Quintessential beachside living — This town boasts a white sand beach that’s the perfect venue for sunbathing and leisurely seaside picnics. Of course, you can also indulge in myriad water activities, including swimming, boating, fishing, and kayaking, among others.
- Prime location — Sunset Beach is located roughly midway between Wilmington, NC and Myrtle Beach, SC. As such, you can easily access the amenities and attractions in these larger cities as they are but a short drive away. U.S. Highway 17 also makes it easy to explore all the great towns and cities that dot the Grand Strand.
Top attractions in Sunset Beach
Despite the town’s name, watching sunsets on the beach is far from the only way to pass the time here. With so many great destinations in and around the community, you’ll always have something fun to do:
- Ingram Planetarium — Take an out-of-this-world tour of the universe at the Ingram Planetarium, a destination that’s dedicated to the wonders of the cosmos. Most of the exhibits are interactive, making for a truly immersive learning experience. Activities like the Star Party and laser light show will surely impress your kids.
- Downtown Wilmington — Visiting Wilmington’s downtown district is like traveling back in time. Walk along the tree-lined streets and marvel at row after row of historic homes dating back to the 19th century. Many of these immaculately preserved houses also double as boutique shops where you can buy one-of-a-kind finds.
- Alabama Theater — If you’re looking for exhilarating live entertainment, there’s no better place than Alabama Theater in North Myrtle Beach in South Carolina. From concerts, to acrobatic shows, to holiday events, it’s all here at this venue. Over the years, both local artists and national acts like Loretta Lynn have performed here.
Experience idyllic seaside living in Sunset Beach
With its beautiful beach, serene environment, and strategic location, Sunset Beach is truly a gem of a place. If you’d like to live here, get in touch with the team at Cooper Southern Properties by calling 828.217.5812 or by sending an email to marissabcooper(at)yahoo(dotted)com.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.