Almost 20 million people visit Myrtle Beach annually for its pristine shores and myriad entertainment options. But at the end of the day, it’s the locals’ inimitable Southern hospitality that makes people stay.
If you’re looking at properties in this locale, here’s what you need to know.
MYRTLE BEACH REAL ESTATE
1,297 square feet
3 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms
Why live in Myrtle Beach?
Myrtle Beach may be famous for being a vacation hotspot, but there are many reasons to call this city home. Below are just a few of them:
- Award-winning city — There are many beach towns in the country, but few are as prestigious as Myrtle Beach. In fact, the city topped a 2016 Google Consumer Survey of best beaches in America and placed 35th in U.S. News & World Report‘s Best Places to Live. But that’s not all — it’s also BestCities.org‘s 9th best small city and one of Golf Digest’s top golfing destinations.
- Surprising affordability — Given all the accolades that Myrtle Beach has amassed, it’s easy to assume that living here would be prohibitively expensive. That couldn’t be farther from the truth, however. Home prices are well within most people’s budget, as they are 47% lower than the national average. Furthermore, the overall cost of living in the area is about 15% lower than the national average, with groceries, healthcare, and transportation all below the benchmark.
- Unparalleled seaside living — Myrtle Beach sits at the heart of South Carolina’s Grand Strand, offering you miles and miles of stunning shores in either direction. Spend your days swimming, fishing, kayaking, and sailing — there’s a wealth of water activities for you to enjoy! And if frolicking in the water works up your appetite, you’ll be glad to know that there are countless top-notch restaurants dotting the beach.
Top attractions in Myrtle Beach
When it comes to attractions in Myrtle Beach, the sandy shore and warm waters are undoubtedly the top draw. But as any local will tell you, this city is filled to the brim with interesting sights and unforgettable experiences, too.
- Nature at your doorstep — This seaside city boasts of not one but two state parks, making it easier to reconnect with nature. Myrtle Beach State Park fronts a maritime forest and provides the perfect escape from the bustle of the downtown area. Huntington Beach State Park, meanwhile, is a dog-friendly destination that’s also home to a historic home and a freshwater lake.
- Golf ranges galore — With over 100 golf courses within the city’s vicinity, it’s unsurprising why Myrtle Beach is often referred to as the golfing capital of the world. From beginner-friendly to championship-level, there is a plethora of fairways to choose from. Experts say that Dunes Golf & Beach Club, Arcadian Shores Golf Club, and Blackmoor Golf Club are among the best in the city.
- Oceanfront wonderland — Broadway at the Beach is a 350-acre entertainment complex that features theaters, restaurants, and over a hundred specialty stores. It’s a one-stop-shop destination, too, as it’s also the location of attractions such as Ripley’s Aquarium and Hollywood Wax Museum. Of course, no trip to this boardwalk is complete without riding the 156-foot 360 Observation Wheel.
Find your dream home in Myrtle Beach
The beachside lifestyle you’ve always dreamed of is within reach at Myrtle Beach. To know all about the available listings in this locale, contact our team via 828.217.5812 or through marissabcooper(at)yahoo(dotted)com.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.