Despite its diminutive name, Little River has outsized importance in the Grand Strand. It is, after all, the oldest town in this storied region of South Carolina.
Quite fittingly, the lifestyle here is a throwback to an earlier time when life moved at a slower, more leisurely pace. If this is your kind of place, take a look at this community overview we prepared.
LITTLE RIVER REAL ESTATE
1,629 square feet
2 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms
Why live in Little River?
The community of Little River captures the charm and perks of slow living. Here are just some reasons why this place will be perfect for your family:
- Fisherman’s dream — Little River is a fishing village through and through, and its residents love nothing more than reeling in freshly caught fish from its namesake river. The bountiful waters yield precious catch such as amberjack, bluefish, speckled trout, and sea bass, among others. And with several boat charters offering fishing tours, hooking a prize fish is a breeze.
- Celebrations galore — You can’t visit Little River without sampling some of its crab and shrimp. Luckily, the community hosts the famous Blue Crab Festival and Little River ShrimpFest to celebrate these favorites. If you love crab cakes and shrimp boil, these events cannot be missed.
- High quality of life, low costs of living — Despite being just 20 miles away from Myrtle Beach, home prices in Little River are markedly cheaper. This means that you can enjoy the former’s urban attractions, excellent beaches, and various golf courses without having to pay more for your house. Little River proves that living well doesn’t have to cost a fortune.
Top attractions in Little River
This locale may be called Little River, but it’s bursting at the seams with interesting destinations. When you live here, you’ll never run out of great places to explore.
- Big M Casino Boat — Want a date with Lady Luck herself? Then book a ride at the Big M Casino Boat, the only gambling ship in the Carolinas. Win or lose, you’re sure to have a great time on this five-and-a-half-hour cruise.
- Vereen Botanical Gardens — One of Little River’s best-kept secrets is the Vereen Botanical Gardens. This park features various hiking trails and boardwalks that take you through small islands and marshes. You can experience close encounters with local wildlife and learn more about the area’s unique ecosystem. Even better, many of the trails can be explored by bike, too.
- La Belle Amie Vineyard — The South may not be the first place that comes to mind when it comes to viticulture, but La Belle Amie Vineyard puts South Carolina on the map. Owned by the Bellamy family since the 1800s, the vineyard is now a popular destination for wine tastings. It’s also the venue for excellent music festivals that feature renowned local acts.
Come home to Little River
Laid-back living and a vibrant fishing culture are but a few of the things that await you in Little River. If you’d like to find your dream home here, allow our team to be of assistance. Simply call 828.217.5812 or send an email to marissabcooper(at)yahoo(dotted)com to get started.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.